Rahu and Ketu are two modes of Moon and they are regarded as full-fledged planets in Astrology. They are considered as most dreaded planets. Rahu is the Dragon’s head and Ketu as Dragon’s tail. Both of them form a malefic yoga, known as Kal-Sarp Yoga.
In Astrology, this Yoga is supposed to have direct impact on the following events :
- It causes deterioration of health and reduces longevity.
- It causes imprisonment or serious accident.
- It causes separation, divorce and marital discord.
- It causes poverty and destruction of wealth.
- It causes destruction of business and loss of job.
- It causes destruction of kingdoms and rulers.
- It causes downfall of most powerful persons in politics.
Formation of Kalsarp Yoga :
- All the planets should be within the orbit of Rahu and Ketu.
- Rahu should be at the upper end and ketu at the lower end.
- There is no planet outside the arch.
- That there is no planet conjuncting with Rahu or Ketu.
- That all the seven planets should face Rahu,which is always retrograde.
Impact of Kal-Sarp Yoga :
- Rahu in first house and Ketu in 7th house: Downfall, loss of position and reputation, mishappening, marital discord, loss of wife and children.
- Rahu in second house and Ketu in 8th house : Reduction in wealth and health causes poverty, worries defects in body and lot of travelling.
- Rahu in 3rd house and Ketu in 9th house : Involved in criminal activities, unpopular, waste energy and wealth, selfish, accident prone and paralysis is possible.
- Rahu in 4th house and Ketu in 10th house : Loss of property, disappoint-ment, loss of job and business, unhappiness, sarpdosha unhappy and unsettled life.
- Rahu in 5th and Ketu in 11th house : Heavy losses in litigation, failure in love affair, loss of children and betrayal by friends.
- Rahu in 6th house and Ketu in 12th house : imprisonment, secret enemies, bad health and serious sickness and set backs in married life.
Note : The impact is more severe if Rahu has support of Sun and Saturn.
Duration of Kal-Sarpn Yoga :
- Rahu in 1st house: upto 27 years of age.
- Rahu in 2nd house: upto 33 years of age.
- Rahu in 3rd house: upto 36 years of age.
- Rahu in 4th house: upto 42 years of age.
- Rahu in 5th house: upto 48 years of age.
- Rahu in 6th house: upto 54 years of age.
- It causes malefic impact on houses occupied by Rahu and Ketu.
- It causes malefic impact on houses aspected by Rahu and ketu.
- It spoils the benefic planets joining with Rahu and Ketu.
- It causes severe hardship when related with Sun and Saturn or the lords of the houses occupied by Sun, Saturn,Rahu and Ketu.
- Its impact will be clearly noticed during periods and interperiods of Rahu and Ketu.
- Its impact is more severe when Rahu/Ketu are in 1,5 or 9th position from themselves or Sun, Mars and Saturn.
- Sometimes it pushes a man to great heights.
- Sometimes it gives benefic results, when Rahu/Ketu are aspected by benefic planets, specially Jupiter or Venus.
- Ketu is always 180 degrees from the longitude of Rahu
- In case Uranus, Neptune or Pluto are outside the arch of Rahu and Ketu, no Kal-Sarp Yoga is formed.
- Ketu’s aspect is less malefic than Rahu
- Raja Yogas in the chart are more effective than Kal-Sarp Yoga
- This Yoga causes great harm to th4e family, society and nation through the person who has Kal-Sarp Yoga
- This Yoga plays important role in Mundane Astrology
- Rahu joining ninth Mars in any chart create criminals or suicide or serious accident or murder
- Rahu and Saturn joining in any house destroy the 7th house, the house opposite them
- Rahu in transit creating relations with Jupiter or Venus gives benefic results
- Ketu moving over any planet is evil for the significations of the concerned house
- Rahu and Ketu generally behaves like lord of the sign occupied by them or the planet conjuncting with them.
- If Ascendant is outside the arch of Kal-Sarp Yoga, the malefic impact is reduced.
- The dispositors of Rahu and Ketu also play important role in determining the benefic or malefic impact.
- Rahu in 3rd or 6th house in Aries, Taurus or Cancer sign does not give malefic results. It is benefic and gives benefic results.
- Rahu in 10th house or aspecting 10th house and its lord along with Sun and Saturn destroy the native’s career. In case of 7th house separation and divorce id possible
- Rahu and Mars in 3rd house causes accident and damages to life.
- Rahu + Mars + Sat in ascendant: Dangerous personality.